Coronavirus (COVID-19) and our Communities
The safety and well-being of our patients and team members always comes first at COASTherapy and Empower Family of Clinics
In light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, we are committed to following updates and keeping patients, team members, and communities in the COASTherapy and Empower Family informed and safe. COASTherapy and Empower are monitoring all updates from the CDC and other credible agencies related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and working alongside our industry partners and team members to provide the best care and communication during this time. According to the CDC, the risk to the general population is low but we are using an overabundance of caution to protect the health and safety of our patients, team members, and community.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- Successful completion of your plan of care is important to becoming a healthier, stronger you. COASTherapy and Empower clinics are open and continue to serve our patients and communities. Any closure or changes in hours will be communicated to current patients as those decisions are made.
- For the safety of other patients and our team members, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment if you:
- Have visited, or been in close contact with anyone who has visited the following countries/regions in the last 14 days: China, Iran, Italy, Japan, South Korea
- Have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- Have been in contact with someone with known or suspected Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Our team members are taking extra precautions in addition to normal protocol to maintain safe and healthy treatment environments. This includes but is not limited to employee education on appropriate sanitization methods, proper hand hygiene, and encouragement to stay home when showing symptoms of illness.
The most effective way to stay healthy and minimize spread of infection is to follow best health practices as recommended by the CDC :
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Keeping 6 feet between yourself and other persons
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.